We do not and will not sell your data to third parties. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you.
- Type of personal data collected by us
- Personal data provided by you
When using the Learning Platform, we collect the following
personal information from you. We need this information in order
to properly fulfill the contract between you and us and to
comply with our legal obligations. Without this information, we
may not be able to provide you access to the Learning Platform.
When you set up an account, we need specific information, such as your first and last name, your email address and your full address. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
Our website gives you the opportunity to pay for our products and services through Braintree. Braintree is a service of PayPal. If you decide to make a purchase through Braintree, your personal data will be transmitted to Braintree / PayPal. If you use or open a Braintree / PayPal account, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other data must be transmitted to PayPal. The operator of the payment service PayPal is PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie.
Communication with us and other users:
When you communicate with us or use the Learning Platform to communicate with other Users, we collect information about your communications and any information you choose to provide.
Additional data that you submit to us:
You may provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Learning Platform. This additional data will be processed with your consent. You may decide to provide us with information, such as: e.g, if you complete a form, update or add data to your account or respond to surveys.
We automatically collect information about you, to help analyse
the usage of the Learning Portal. We use Google Analytics, which
is a services of Google Inc. Google Analytics uses so-called
cookies. Cookies are textfiles which are saved on the local
computer to help analyse the usage of the Learning Portal.
Information based on these cookies will be transferred to the
servers of Google and saved on these servers. To see more
information on how Google uses data when you use the Learning
Portal, please visit this
- How we use the data we have received We use the data we collect to provide you with the Learning Portal access and Services we offer, which includes using data to improve and personalize your experiences. We also use the data to communicate with you, e.g. to inform you about your account, new services available, security and other types of updates. We use the data for the following purposes:
- Provision of the Learning Platform
- We use data to provide, operate, support and improve the Learning Portal Services we offer to ensure that our users can use the Learning Portal as efficently as possible. This processing is necessary for the performance of our agreement we have with you.
- We use data to respond to customer inquiries. This processing is necessary for the performance of our agreement we have with you, as well as to serve our legitimate interest.
- We use data for research purposes and to develop and improve the learning Portal Services. Users can report issues in the Learning Portal. We use this data to improve and develop new fuctionalities of the Learning Portal. The user can select to keep his issue private or public. If the user sets it to private the information will only be available to us. If the user sets it to public all users of the Learning Portal will be able to read the issue. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
- We use the data we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by email to inform you about new Services on the Learning Portal, about updates of your purchased Services, to update you on a support issue or a reported issue, or to invite you to take part in a survey. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
- We use data to protect the security and safety of the Learning Portal Services and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
- Third party vendors
- We use a variety of third-party vendors to carry out services like website hosting, online Service purchases and credit card processing. We only share your personal data as necessary, such as to complete a transaction or to provide a Service you have requested and only with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this Statement. In this case, your personal information will be shared with these agents or contractors but only for the purpose of performing services on behalf and under our instructions and in accordance with this Statement. It is our legitimate interest to share information with these parties for these purposes.
- When legally required, strictly necessary for the performance of the services or to protect our rights, or the rights of our users, we disclose your personal information to law enforcement authorities, investigative organizations, our affiliates or in legal proceedings.
- We may also collect aggregated information (information about our users that we combine so that they no longer identify or refer to an individual user) and other anonymized regulatory compliance data, for industry and market analysis purposes, demographic profiling , marketing, advertising and other business purposes.
- We will take care of the security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
- Your personal data collected by us may be stored and processed in any country where we or our service providers are located or maintain facilities.
- Request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Update your personal data in the Learning Portal, or you can ask us to update them for you.
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block or restrict the personal information we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal information.
- in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
- Learning Portal account
- Should you want to access, edit or remove some of your profile information, change your password, close your account or request deletion of your personal data, you can do it by logging into the Learning Portal or sending an email to email@example.com.
You can, at any time, opt out to receive marketing
communications about the Learning Portal by updating your
Profile settings. We respect your choice, and we will stop
sending you promotional emails once you change your
Undependent of your profile settings, we will communicate with you via Email the following information:
- Changes to terms and conditions
- Policy updates
- Service updates
- Routine customer service messages such as information about current or past purchase
- Service interruptions
- Data breaches
- Significant information about a Service you own
- Safety issues
or our data handling procedures, you can contact us as follows:
vogella GmbH, Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg, Germany.
You can also contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.